Negar M. Salehomoum, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Dr. Negar M. Salehomoum joined Bay Area Colon & Rectal Surgeons, a division of BASS Medical Group, in March 2015. Her interests include minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, benign anorectal disease, pelvic floor disorders, and fecal incontinence.
She is passionate about educating her patients about their disease process and providing the best possible care. She is board certified in both general surgery and colorectal surgery. She is an active member of the medical staff at the John Muir Health medical centers and currently serves as Vice Chair of Surgery at the Concord Medical Center. Additionally, she is a member of the Rectal Cancer Center of Excellence multi-disciplinary team at John Muir Health and attends the Gastrointestinal Tumor Boards. She participates in research trials to give her cancer patients access to improved outcomes.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
INTERNSHIP & RESIDENCY
- General Surgery at UMDNJ- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Colon & Rectal Surgery at Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
SPECIAL PROCEDURES & TECHNIQUES
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic colon and rectal surgery
- Sphincter-preservation surgery for rectal cancer