Poornima Vanguri, MD, FACS
Dr. Poornima Vanguri joined Bay Area Colon & Rectal Surgeons, a division of BASS Medical Group, in May, 2020. She was born in Maryland and went to school and trained on the east coast. She is board certified in both general surgery and colorectal surgery. Within colon and rectal surgery, she is very interested in minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy and robotics) and colonoscopy as well as treatment of anorectal disease, colon and rectal cancer and other pathology of the colon and rectum.
She is particularly interested in the multidisciplinary management of colon and rectal cancer and looking forward to participating in the Gastrointestinal Tumor Boards at John Muir Health. Dr. Vanguri is a member of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS). She is looking forward to bringing her experiences from her previous practice and training and collaborating with her new partners.
- University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
INTERNSHIP & RESIDENCY
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Colon & Rectal Clinic of Orlando, Orlando, Florida
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
SPECIAL PROCEDURES & TECHNIQUES
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic colon and rectal surgery